The mission of Quiz is to promote a deep understanding and familiarity with the material presented at each certification level. Quiz is a fundamental and creative learning tool. Many aspects of Pony Club mounted rallies can be learned at the Quiz Rally. This rally, besides challenging Pony Club members to learn horsemanship and horse care, provides them with opportunities to display and learn good sportsmanship, leadership, stewardship, and teamwork as they prepare thoroughly, plan and cooperate with their teammates, and take winning or losing in stride.
In an effort to make Quiz more interactive and therefore more fun, there are five phases. These are Classroom, Stations, Mega Room, Barn, and Written Test.
- Classroom: Oral questions are asked in a classroom setting. Classroom settings are made up of individual rounds. A round is complete when each member of a team has answered one individual question.
- Barn: Oral questions are asked in a barn setting. Many questions are hands-on in approach. Appropriate barn footwear must be worn at all times. The Barn phase may be held outdoors this year so please be prepared for any weather conditions.
- Stations: All questions are answered as a team in a problem-solving manner. A round is complete when a team has answered all the questions they can in a given time limit.
- Mega-Room: Comprised of tables with horse-related items displayed on them. All items in the Mega-Room are identified by matching them with an answer sheet given to each competitor. The Mega-Room will be done individually with a given time limit.
- Written Test: This is rating specific and tests up to one level above the competitor’s rated level.
Quiz in Pony Club
Pony Club provides many opportunities for members who excel at Quiz to participate on the international stage with the North American Quiz Challenge and an International Exchange. Quiz is the only discipline in Pony Club where a member does not need a horse to compete. It is purely based on knowledge of horses and of the Pony Club disciplines. Quiz fosters teamwork and is competitive but comfortable, comfortable but challenging, challenging but rigorous, rigorous but flexible, flexible but efficient, and efficient but educational while promoting creativity and FUN.